What is Samba Server ?
Samba is a networking protocol that allows you to share files and print services between windows and linux machine. It uses the port number 445/Tcp.
Server Message Block(SMB) now well known as Common Internet File System (CIFS)
rencontrer riche celibataire Benefits Of Samba Server
- Windows share can be accessed and mount on linux machine.
- Can be configured as Primary Domain Controller B&L source site. 271 likes. Investimenti Trading Formazione (PDC) and as Backup Domian Controller opzioi binarie (BDC) for a samba based PDC.
- Provides Windows Internet Named Service http://calonline.com/?q=viagra-samples-for-physicians (WINS) name resolution.
go here Packages required
follow link Configuration File
- Samba configuration file = http://ecapguatemala.org.gt/poioe/10315 /etc/samba/smb.conf
- Samba linux user mappings = katholische partnervermittlung deutschland /etc/samba/smbusers
- go site Samba log file = go site /var/log/samba
- Samba startup/stop directive = site de rencontre pour millionnaire /etc/sysconfig/samba
- Samba user password = go /var/lib/samba/private/smbpasswd
Samba Commands to remember
- Test Samba Configuration file
- User password Set
Smbpasswd –a username
- Check Access for client from server
Smbclient -L //localhost –U username