We can download the sublime text from the official website. We can install sublime text on both ubuntu as well as windows 10. Sublime Text 3 is the current stable version. We can download the sublime for windows and let’s see, how to install sublime on ubuntu.
1. GOTO Anything: You can open the file with few keystrokes and instantly jump to the symbol, line, or word.
2. Multiple Selections: We can make ten changes at the same time, not one change ten times.
3. Performance: Sublime text built-in from custom components and providing the unmatched responsiveness. This is also a cross-platform UI tool kit.
4. Cross-Platform: We can use a single license on all the computers we have. it’s available for Mac, Windows, and Linux machines.
Install Sublime Text On Ubuntu:
- We need to install the Pub GPG key to verify the integrity of Sublime text. it will download from the secure repository.
wget -qO - https://download.sublimetext.com/sublimehq-pub.gpg | sudo apt-key add -
2. Once you have run the above command, you will get the “OK” means it’s worked. Now we need to ensure that apt is working with https.
sudo apt-get install apt-transport-https
3. We need to add the sublime repository using the below command. This is the stable repository.
sudo echo "deb https://download.sublimetext.com/ apt/stable/" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sublime-text.list
4. Install the Sublime text by running the below command.
sudo apt update sudo apt install sublime-text
5. Search for the “Sublime text” and you can see it’s installed.
Open the text and start writing your program or it can open a heavy file within a few seconds.
How To Install Sublime Text On Windows 10:
We can also install this text editor in Mac OS, Windows, and Linux operating systems. Let’s download sublime text for windows 10.
Once you have downloaded the setup, you need to double-click on it and click on “run“.
Follow the instruction and click on “Install“.
Click on “Finish” and Open the sublime on the windows machine.
YouTube: Sublime Editor For Ubuntu 20.04